With all of the attention surrounding social media these days, it’s hard to be swayed away from the online marketing temptation and back into traditional offline marketing while using such items as calendars to sell your products. Sure, you can send out a Tweet promoting a product special or event, but that tweet is out of view for many in mere seconds. Yet, these same “old-fashioned” offline marketing tools are not only essential parts of your marketing mix, but you’ll find you will get a lot more bang for your buck when mix up your strategy cost-effectively.
One of the most overlooked marketing tools is the simple calendar and, yet, it packs a tremendous amount of punch. There are many advantages to using them to sell get in front of your customers for long periods of time.
1. People like freebies: Participate in a Mardi Gras festival and you’ll see teems of people scrounge for free beaded necklaces or pull your shopping cart up to a food sample stand at Costco and you’ll understand the power of freebies. You don’t have to give a high-priced item away in order to promote your business, and calendars are inexpensive tools that have high perceived value.
2. They last 365 days a year: Most consumers need to see an advertisement or message at least seven times before they take notice and if you’re spending your marketing dollars on ads, you’ll know the cost quickly adds up. With calendars, your advertisement, message and contact information is in front of your customer all year long. You could spend thousands of dollars on advertisements in your local newspaper to reach potential customers multiple times or you could spend a few dollars to have multiple advertisements right in front of your customer 365 days a year.
3. Calendars contain many messages and promotions: When you are able to customize your calendars to give to new or existing customers, you can add multiple product messages about features and benefits. Essentially, you have 12 spaces to add content. Add monthly coupons or even have your business card perforated on the calendar so that your contact information can be given away in referrals. Your calendar can be as functional as you make it.
4. Calendars are useful: Calendars actually serve a purpose and despite the latest technology with smart phones, iPads and such, people still find traditional calendars useful. They’re easy to use and you don’t have to plug them in at night to recharge. Have a pen handy and you can mark down appointments, birthdays and events quickly.
5. You have multiple channels to give them away: When giving away calendars or any other promotional product, there are numerous channels by which to reach customers. Of course tradeshows are the most common venue, but your sales personnel can hand them to prospective customers door-to-door. You can include them as part of your direct mail strategy or at the point-of-sale. You can even sell them for a nominal amount and donate the money to charity. (You not only would be showing your customers your commitment to good will, but advertising your products to them annually.) Promotional product distribution has many avenues that traditional advertising and even social media do not offer.
Greenway Print Solutions has a variety of calendars to choose from and at amazingly lower costs than their competition. And they can be customized to precisely fit your business goals.
See Our Calendars Pages